Build The Second Act
We have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to elevate the performing arts in Golden, deepen connections and outreach to communities beyond, revitalize existing buildings, and create a thriving new space open to all — Where you’re never more than six feet from the stage and the edge of your seat.
Miners Alley Theatre Company is turning the Meyer Hardware building into a world-class Performing Arts Center with an intimate, up-close setting.
We are transforming one community hub into another — creating a Second Act in downtown Golden. Beyond theatre, the new space will host community events, meetings, receptions, recitals, expanded children’s theatre and beyond.
Together, our goal is to raise $3 Mil
Phase One | 3 Million
Transforming the Meyer Hardware building in downtown Golden into a brand new, fully accessible, 157-seat theater. All construction will be done with sustainability in mind, and with environmental soundness as a high priority. Planned to open in the Summer of 2023.
- Mainstage Theater with 157 seats
- State-of-the-art lighting and sound equipment
- Community bar
- Restroom facilities
- Professional lighting grid to allow for high-end lighting and effects
Phase Two | 7.5 Million
Expansion of the mainstage theater to a 300-seat theater-in-the-round, as well as the addition of multiple spaces for community events, rehearsals, and smaller shows.
- Mainstage Theater with 300 seats
- Expanded Community Bar
- YETI Education Center
- Extended Children’s Education
- Black Box Theater / rehearsal space
- Community / Event space
- State-of-the-Art Dressing Rooms & Greenroom
- Artist Housing apartments
- Backstage Piano Bar / Cabaret
- The Meyer Hardware Scene Shop & Set Design Workshop
Your support matters — every step of the way.